when you’ve been swimming and water is in your ear
If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?
People with anxiety:
- Know the worry is irrational
- Want to calm down but can’t
- Hate the fact that breathing feels like you are trying to breathe rocks instead of air
- Feel like they are drowning and suffocating. Telling them to just take a breath and calm down doesnt help.
- Want to stop shaking but can’t control their limbs.
- Just plain feel horrible and embarrassed.